I'm Les Bessant, a UK-based enthusiast photographer. I work in IT, and photography is what I do to retain at least a little sanity.
This is my portfolio site, which is powered by SmugMug. I'll be adding more images here later, but for the moment you can see a selection of my favourite photographs that I've taken in recent years.
My main website is Losing it
, where you'll see more photographs and other stuff that interests me.
My current cameras are:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III, with a variety of Canon and Sigma Lenses. Until recently, this was my most-used bit of kit, but I'm using it a lot less, thanks to:
- Fujifilm X100S. This thing is lovely. Image quality is superb, handling is excellent, and all the clicky dials are a joy to use. I previously had the X100, which was very good, but this is better. Not as versatile as the 5D, but a lot more fun.
- Pentax Q. Tiny and fun to use. More of a toy than a serious camera, but I still like it.
My previous cameras include:
- Canon EOS 30D - my first serious camera
- Olympus E-P1 - I had a brief relationship with this quite nice compact system camera
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II - after three years with the 30D, I upgraded to a full-frame model. About three more years, I sold it and upgraded to the Mark III
- Fujifilm X100 - a brilliant photographer's camera. Fixed lens, lovely manual controls. I had it for about six months before selling it and getting the even more brilliant X100S, which is currently my favourite camera
I occasionally use some film cameras, but that's just for fun,
All photographs here can be bought in a variety of print sizes. For the moment, the only print lab available is based in the UK, but this may change later. There is also the option to buy a high resolution download of any image - these will not have the watermark in the middle. Both personal and commercial licences are available.
If you're interested in signing up for SmugMug yourself, here's a discount code: xMRTCekOokYmI